Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Hooray for Scoopon!

This short blog post is just a shout-out to Scoopon. I've bought several coupons through them to use at various restaurants, hotels, etc. We had purchased flights to Thailand through them, but then Air Australia went under. Scoopon refunded our entire purchase price (and everyone else's as well). According to articles I've read, this is going to cost them over a million dollars out-of-pocket. In a time when lots of companies seem to be all about making profit, it was so refreshing to receive the news that we would not be out this money. Hooray for Scoopon! If you're in Australia and haven't checked our their deals before, here's the link: Scoopon. No, I was not paid to do this post, although if Scoopon wants to give me some free deals or something, I'm available! :) Now to figure out when/how we're going to get to Thailand...

8 comments:

  1. Hoot-Hoot for Scoopon! That never happens when a company goes under. I think you better count your blessings Aubree...and your money. Enjoy your time in Thailand...how ever you get there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Aubree,
    I don't want to sound like a creeper but I just happened upon your blog a few weeks ago and I was super excited reading it. My husband and I are looking to move from Portland, OR area to Melbourne in Jan/Feb of 2013 when I finish up graduate school. It is motivating to read about what the move has been like for you and your husband. If you don't mind I would really love to ask you some questions about logistics (housing etc) about the big move from the US to the big down under. Some of the information available online is a little confusing... Anyway, if you have a minute and you're willing to let me pick your brain - you can email me at daciadavison@hotmail.com.
    Thanks for writing this blog!
    Dacia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoy the blog-I just sent you an e-mail!

      Delete
  4. nice blog articles thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. I continuously keep on coming to your site again just in case you have posted new contents.Deals Extra Sydney

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this is the best blog I have been through all this day.
    scoopon

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wonder why other professionals don’t notice your website much m glad I found this.
    scoopon

    ReplyDelete