Thursday, September 29, 2011

Random Stuff on a Rainy Day

I found this spider on the wall above our bed the other day. It was super tiny, about the size of a fingernail, so I wasn't scared or anything. But you hear about all sorts of deadly spiders in Australia, so I researched what kind it is...turns out it's a green huntsman spider (not dangerous).
Vanilla slice is a popular dessert at all of the cake shops on Acland Street, so I decided to make a batch at home yesterday. It's basically puff pastry sheets with a custard layer. The strawberries are my own touch. It was quite yummy if I do say so myself (and I do).
Yesterday was the wettest day in Melbourne in over fifty years! There was thunder and lightning, and this picture of a rainbow is not from yesterday, because once the rain started, it never stopped. This was taken from our balcony last week. I'm not sure if you can see it from this picture, but there was actually a faint double rainbow. No, it was not a "full on double rainbow all the way across the sky." If you didn't catch that reference, go visit Youtube sometime. Hilarious.

So yeah, today looks like another gray, cloudy day, and the sideways rain just started up again. Fun. I guess I'll go do laundry now. Oh, you wanted another sunset picture? Okay, if you insist!


No comments:

Post a Comment