Monday, September 19, 2011

Spring Into Shape

Just about to start the race.
Yesterday, I ran the first of three running races that are part of the Spring Into Shape Series in Melbourne. There is one race every month for three months. Zack came along as my cheerleader and photographer, and I completed the 12.7km (about 8 miles) run in 1 hour and 10 minutes. I was decently happy with my pace and placing 29th out of 83 females in my age group.
Pushing hard at the finish.
After the race, we walked around Federation Square for a bit and then went out for brunch on Acland Street. I was even able to get the restaurant to cook my bacon "American-style." Here in Australia, "bacon" is actually more like pieces of ham...not thin or crispy at all. So it was awesome to have some "real" bacon with my scrambled eggs and hash browns. Yum!

After brunch, Zack convinced me to get a foot massage at the Thai place down the street, which felt great after my run. We spent the afternoon hanging out in the sun on the beach and took it easy last night. Not a bad Sunday!

4 comments:

  1. Oh that is brilliant - well done...as a slow runner i have to say I am very impressed by your time....my 10k time is 1 hour and 17 minutes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks all. I'm hoping for an 8:30 min/mile pace at the next race!

    ReplyDelete