Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Aboriginal Art in Nitmiluk

In Katherine Gorge, you can park your kayak and get out on the banks of the first gorge and see lots of Aboriginal rock art. I liked it because although you knew the general area in which to find it, nothing was labeled. You had to look at all of the rock faces, under ledges, etc. and see what you could find for yourself. Then you get to figure out what it is. It was kind of like a treasure hunt in which you'd find more and more the longer you looked, and I'm sure I missed tons of it. Anyway, this is just a picture post with some of my favorite rock art I found. Enjoy!

Platypus, I think?
I like the handprints.
Under a ledge.


Another hidden one under a ledge.


These were really high up on the rock face. I'm not sure how they did it.
This one was huge and took up a whole rock face. Awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment