Thursday, October 6, 2011

Sunday Night Sunset in a Swing

Me looking orange in the setting sunlight.
Melbourne had its Daylight Savings Time switch this past weekend, so we lost some sleep on Saturday night by jumping ahead an hour. That meant that starting on Sunday night, it now stays lighter longer in the evenings, which is pretty nice. We took advantage of it by walking down the beach and grabbing these fun swinging chairs in the back of a beachfront restaurant to watch the sun go down. Not a bad way to end our low-key weekend!

By the way, today I tried out for the Deal Or No Deal television show!


My phone camera's view from the swing.

2 comments:

  1. You have to expand on your tryout session. What did they ask you? Here is how I picture it...
    THEM: Can you fake smile, jump around like an idiot, and make stupid decisions while on camera?
    YOU: No.
    THEM: Thank you for your time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really wasn't that exciting-they took my picture, I filled out a form, I talked to someone at a table for a few minutes, and I introduced myself and did my best "NO DEAL" on video camera. It could be months before hearing anything, if I hear anything at all. I don't have my hopes up too high, although I did play the American expat angle and the "I miss my dog and would spend some of the money to go back to the US and visit her" sympathy card.

    ReplyDelete