Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Birthday Boy


On June 20th, Zack turned 34 years old. We’d been so busy moving into our new place, but I still tried to make his day a special one. I attempted to recreate his favorite pizza of all time…a fig pizza we had at The Stash in Crested Butte, Colorado during our engagement weekend. I had fun gathering fresh ingredients (figs, cheese, flour for the dough, etc.) from the nearby South Melbourne Market, and for dessert I made his favorite-gooey butter cake.













We took a series of funny pics-in this one we were looking at the birthday boy!
Emily and Adam were able to join us for dinner and a game of euchre, and they brought along a delicious warm brie cheese appetizer and some Whoppers (called Maltesers here) for Zack. This was the first holiday that Zack wasn’t able to guess his present from me ahead of time, but as he was opening it, Adam randomly guessed that it was a new briefcase (which was correct!). It was a nice Wednesday night, and hopefully Zack’s 34th year is his best one yet!

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday Zack! My husband also had his birthday this past weekend on the 24th and he turned 31. I made lamb chops and attempted to make chocolate lava cake, but my plans were quashed because my father in law made a surprise visit and so we scuppered our plans and will attempt to do it again tonight! I looks like you made something really lovely and you guys had a great time! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmmm...chocolate lava cake sounds awesome! Happy birthday to your husband as well.

      Delete