Monday, June 25, 2012

Goodbye St Kilda

When one is packing to move across town and comes across strange items one possesses, such as a Tough Mudder headband and retro sunglasses, some folks pack them away or throw them away. My husband puts them on and demands that his picture be taken in front of the flag. This is the result. Sometimes I wonder about him… :)


 We will miss St Kilda. I’ll miss sunsets like this, taken on one of our last nights in our apartment…



I’ll miss living near the happy sounds of Luna Park, which I still haven’t visited!



I’ll miss living across the park from a grocery store, I’ll miss living around the corner from Acland Street, and I’ll miss crossing the street to get to the beach. But I’m already finding things to love about our new home in South Melbourne!

Goodbye St Kilda! Justin, this is the picture you requested.

5 comments:

  1. Aww, that's an awesome pic of your husband! I'm sure he had one of his moments of "madness"! :) My husband is just like that at times! I can totally imagine all the things you'll miss from St. Kilda, but I'm sure 100% that you'll love your new place! Please post some pics from your new place! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, my husband is silly! As soon as I get some pictures on the wall (which looks really bare right now!), I definitely will do a post showing our new home.

      Delete
  2. Is the light on the tracks captured from the coaster going around, or is the track lit?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The track is lit. The roller coaster that goes on it doesn't run sometimes, and I haven't seen it going around for about a month.

      Delete
  3. Great memories of the past; more great memories to come.

    ReplyDelete